Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010

Well, Happy New Year to all. What does 2010 have in store for you? For me? 2010 is a HUGE transition year. Once I get through it all, life will contain some peace again. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. Kinda like falling into a lava-spewing volcano...more scary than exciting most days.

I'm between contracts so a lot of my energy is going to securing a permanent job, or even a juicy contract job, although those are few and far between these days. I've been doing some small jobs and some knitting editing, which is a wonderful challenge.

Yesterday I bagged up all the knitting that was decorating my living room, cause when you can't knit, it just makes you sad to see it all. I've been nursing tennis elbow and even knitting one row causes severe pain. I'm going to try to rest it for at least two months. Also, I'm gearing up to sell my house and move to the city this spring or summer, so I'm sure I'll be busy. Lots of painting and fixing to do. Doesn't hurt to get the yarn out of harm's way.

It's winter here in Alberta. We've had quite a bit of snow this year, but not so much since Christmas. The picture above was taken on one of my walks nearby. The setting sun was doing its darndest to shine as long as possible before it disappeared below view.

Since knitting is out, I've been doing more reading. I've come across the writing of Richard Russo, and I'm reading everything of his I can get my hands on. He won a Pulitzer prize for his Empire Falls, which he also wrote the teleplay for. I saw the movie and fell in love with the story and the telling.

It was Paul Newman's last film, and also starred Joanne Woodward, Helen Hunt, Ed Harris, Philip Seymour-Hoffman, Aidan Quinn, and Dennis Farina. The cast alone is worth a watch. Anything with Newman in it is worth the watch.


No comments: