Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday

Well, this morning I've meditated, eaten breakfast, and applied for jobs online. I'm ready for bed now...

Not really. I didn't get much movie watching done last night. Not sure why. Just wasn't in the mood, I guess. So today, after I scrub some walls and walk a dog or two, I'm going to declare this a movie day and watch all three of the movies I took out of the library the other day. I'll even have some popcorn (sounds wonderful, but those who know me know popcorn's kind of an addiction these days).

My friend Denise suggested I check out a book called The Lost Garden, by Helen Humphreys, and it looks so good I can hardly wait for it to arrive at my library. I have a feeling this'll be one of those ones I don't put down until the end.





Speaking of AWESOME books, a friend's brother, Wes Funk, wrote a first novel titled Dead Rock Stars. I was so connected to the main character that within 20 pages my deep sorrow that the book was going to end began. The novel is a short and fast read, and Funk was chosen as one of the top five new Saskatchewan authors of the year. I can't wait to read more from this insightful author.

What are you reading?

No comments: