Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mac

This is Mac. His show name is My Secret Smoker. We love that name. Soon to be our 2-yr-old gelding thoroughbred/quarter horse appendix, as long as he passes the vet check. Did I tell you he's huge! And he could grow until he's 5! But he's extremely laid back.



He's very pretty and we all fell in love with his gentle giant spirit.

It was a long trip. We left Edmonton at 1:30 yesterday afternoon and didn't arrive at the stable where Mac was waiting until 7:30. Then it was a long trek back home, which wasn't too bad until we were about 30 minutes south of Leduc and it started raining...freezing rain. We got home at 3:30 am, tired, but happy.

I got to start the second Alpaca Cashmere Tweed mitten on the drive down, but I realized about 2 inches up the hand from the cuff that I was knitting a SECOND right hand mitt. sigh... And then the sun went down, so there wasn't any more travel knitting happening. So, tonight I'll be ripping that back and proceeding for a LEFT mitten. We live. We learn.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Pretty Horsie! I want one!! :)

Mo said...

Oh my - what a handsome lad! Can't wait to meet him in person!

Kare said...

well, THAT was a surprise! Congrats, girl. He's very horse-like. (I know nothing about horses) I'll have to call you this week. Glad your safe from your scary ride home. Too bad about the mittens.